For an extra boost of fiber, try using brown rice instead of white rice for this recipe.
Don't Miss: Fried Rice Recipes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 4 cups cooked cold rice
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced spring onions
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add 1 tsp. of the oil, and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the eggs, scramble, then transfer to a bowl.
- Wipe out wok with a paper towel. Add the remaining teaspoon of oil to the wok. Add the garlic, and stir-fry for about 20 seconds.
- Add the peas and carrots, stir-frying until softened. Add the rice and chicken, and stir-fry, breaking up the clumps of rice with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Add the soy sauce, and stir-fry until the flavors come together, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the spring onions, bean sprouts and cooked egg. Stir-fry another minute or so. Serve immediately.
Don't Miss: Chinese Food for Kids