Don't Miss: Quiche Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust, thawed according to package directions
- 4-5 slices bacon
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prick pie crust all over with a fork. Place on a baking sheet and bake in the center rack for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Place broccoli in a microwave-safe container with 1-2 Tbsp. of water. Heat on high for 1-4 minutes until crisp-tender*.
- Crumble half of the bacon into the pie shell. Add the broccoli and the cheese. Top with the remaining bacon, crumbling it evenly over the cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, mayonnaise, milk, salt and pepper. Pour evenly over the mixture in the pie shell. Place on a baking sheet (compare prices).
- Bake 35-45 minutes until the quiche is golden brown. Remove from oven. Let the quiche rest 10-15 minutes before cutting.
*Note: You don't want the broccoli to be too soft, because it will continue cooking as the quiche bakes. Just cook it long enough so that it is bright green and tender enough to be cut with a fork. The cooking time will depend on the power of your microwave. Alternatively, you can steam the broccoli until crisp-tender.
Don't Miss: Spinach Quiche