Serve as a side with everything from beef to pork to chicken. Sometimes, I even serve this creamed spinach as a sauce tossed with spaghetti or linguine. Grate a little more parmesan cheese over the top, and you've got a complete meal.
See also: Spinach Recipes Your Kids Will Love
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours, 10 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 16 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (part-skim is okay)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp. butter, cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp. finely-chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the parmesan cheese in the slow cooker. Stir well.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over top. Cover, and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, stirring halfway through. Or cook on high for 1 to 3 hours.
Be sure to check out my: Hot Spinach Dip Recipe, too.