This sweet noodle kugel recipe is a wonderful combination of textures. The creamy noodle filling of this kugel provides a wonderful contrast to the crunchy topping of this sweet noodle kugel. This sweet noodle kugel is perfect for holidays. This noodle kugel doesn't take long to prepare - most of the prep time is the actual baking of the kugel - and it can be made up to three days in advance.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: 12-16 servings
- For Sweet Noodle Kugel
- 16 oz. egg noodles
- 4 eggs
- 4 Tbsp., melted
- 8 oz. cottage cheese (low-fat is okay)
- 8 oz. sour cream (low-fat is okay)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 16 oz. crushed pineapple, drained
- For Kugel Topping:
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 13 baking dish (compare prices) or any 2-quart baking dish.
- Cook noodles according to package directions for the shortest cooking time. For example, if the package suggests noodles should be cooked 6-8 minutes, cook noodles for 6 minutes. Drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs. Add noodles and melted butter.
- In a blender or food processor, puree cottage cheese, sour cream, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add to noodle mixture, tossing to coat well. Stir in crushed pineapple. Pour the sweet noodle kugel into prepared baking dish.
- In a small dish, mix melted butter, graham cracker crumbs and chopped walnuts. Sprinkle the topping around the edges of the noodle kugel to make a 2- to 3-inch border. Bake kugel 50-60 minutes until cooked through. Let noodle kugel rest 10 minutes before serving.