Honey Baked Lentils RecipeThis baked lentils recipe has a sweet and salty flavor, thanks to the addition of honey, soy sauce and bacon to the lentils. Use brown, green or French lentils for this recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 lb. dry lentils
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup honey
- Cook lentils according to package directions. Drain.
- While lentils are cooking, fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 1-1/2 or 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Whisk together soy sauce, dry mustard, pepper and ginger in the bottom of prepared baking dish. Stir in drained lentils, onions and water. Crumble in bacon. Stir. Drizzle honey over lentils.
- Cover with foil, and bake 45-60 minutes until water is absorbed.
Don't Miss: Mock Chopped Liver Recipe