I like using a cast iron skillet for this recipe, because it helps the broccoli brown nicely. If you don't have a cast iron skillet, use a heavy baking sheet.
Don't Miss: Broccoli Recipes for Kids
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb. fresh broccoli
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Trim broccoli, and cut florets into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss broccoli florets with olive oil, soy sauce, salt and crushed red pepper flakes, if using.
- In a large cast iron skillet or heavy-duty baking sheet, spread broccoli out in an even layer.
- Roast for 7 minutes. Remove from oven. Add peanuts to the broccoli, tossing lightly, then spreading out again in an even layer.
- Roast another 7-10 minutes until broccoli is tender.