Don't Miss: Broccoli Recipes Even the Kids Will Love
- 16 oz. fresh broccoli
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Steam broccoli using a steamer. Or place broccoli in a gallon-size zip-top bag, poke a few holes in the bag, seal and microwave for 1-2 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour and cook, stirring continuously for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add milk. Return to heat, add salt and pepper, and stir until the mixture thickens and starts to boil.
- Turn off heat. Add cheese. Stir until melted. Pour over broccoli.