Don't Miss: Broccoli Recipes Even the Kids Will Love
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup medium-grain rice
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup salsa con queso (such as Eat Smart)
- Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add rice. Turn heat down to medium low and let simmer until nearly all the water is absorbed, 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place broccoli florets in a micro-cooker (compare prices) or a microwave-safe bowl with a microwave-safe cover. Heat the broccoli in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until tender, but not totally soft.
- Remove broccoli from microwave. When the rice is almost done, pour the broccoli into the pot over the rice. Immediately put the lid back on, and let the broccoli continue cooking with the rice, 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Pour the cheese sauce over broccoli and rice. Cover the broccoli rice casserole immediately.
- Let the heat from the broccoli and rice warm the cheese sauce, about 3 minutes. Serve broccoli rice casserole immediately.