Slow Cooker Rice RecipeThis Crockpot rice recipe is practically "fool proof." You don't have to watch the rice carefully. You don't have to worry about the rice sticking (provided you grease the slow cooker as directed). And this Crock pot rice comes out fluffy every time.
Be sure to use long grain jasmine or basmati rice for this recipe, and check the rice after 1-1/2 to 2 hours. The newer slow cookers cook food much faster than the older models and the rice can burn if you have high-temperature-cooking slow cooker.
- 1 cup long grain converted rice or jasmine rice
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. butter (optional)
- Spray the Crockpot stoneware generously with cooking spray.
- Add all the ingredients. Stir and cover.
- Cook on low 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Lift lid. Check to see if all the liquid is absorbed. Taste to see if the rice is done. If not, add a little more water and cook 1/2 hour longer.