Garlic Mashed PotatoesGarlic mashed potatoes go with everything from roast chicken to meatloaf. This mashed potatoes recipe is easier than some garlic mashed potatoes, because I use store-bought pre-roasted garlic.
The flavor may not be quite as authentic as mashed potatoes made with slow roasted garlic. But it comes really close, and it's a great timesaver.
- 6-8 large Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup warm milk
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. roasted minced garlic (look for it in the produce section)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place in a large saucepan or stock pot, and cover with water completely.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are fork-tender, 15-25 minutes. Drain.
- Return potatoes to saucepan. Add the milk, butter and garlic. Mash with a potato masher.
- Stir in the sea salt and pepper.
Makes 6-8 servings.
Potato RecipesBroccoli Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Broccoli Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
Cheesy Potatoes Recipe
Easy Scalloped Potatoes
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Mashed Cauliflower Twice Baked Potatoes
Mustard Potato Salad Recipe
Potato Croquettes with Vegetables
Potato Salad Recipe
Potato Soup Recipe
Radish Mashed Potatoes
Red Potato Salad Recipe
Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe