The lemon butter sauce gives English peas a real zing.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cups fresh shelled peas
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Heat lemon juice and rice vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Cook until reduced by half. Stir in butter. Remove from heat as soon as butter melts.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add peas. Saute until bright green and cooked through, but still slightly firm, about 3-5 minutes. Season with salt.
- Pour lemon butter sauce over peas.