Green Beans RecipeBrowned butter and walnuts make ordinary green beans taste extraordinary. Even people who don't normally like green beans will like this recipe.
If you want to go really gourmet, use high-end sea salt, such as Maldon sea salt. It costs about $6.50 for a box, and it takes this green bean recipe to a whole new level.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Place washed and trimmed green beans in a gallon-size zip-lock plastic bag. Poke holes in the top with a knife to allow steam to escape.
- Place the bag in the microwave with the holes facing up. Heat on high 3-6 minutes, until green beans are crisp-tender. Do not overcook. Check at 3 minutes.
- Heat butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once melted, turn heat down to medium-low and let butter simmer until it turns brown. Be careful! Butter burns easily, so you will want to watch it, turning heat down if necessary. When the butter starts to give off a nutty aroma, it's ready.
- Add walnuts to the butter and let cook a minute or two. Add green beans and salt. Toss until well-coated. Cook another minute. Serve immediately.
Makes 4-6 servings.
Fresh Green Bean RecipesGreen Beans with Walnuts and Browned Butter
Green Beans with Garlic and Lemon
Roasted Green Beans
Fresh Green Beans with Orange Zest and Walnuts
Potato Green Bean Salad
Green Bean Casserole Recipe