Don't Miss: Make Ahead Thanksgiving Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 10-12 servings, mashed potatoes
- 5 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups milk or cream
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish (compare prices) with cooking spray.
- Place the potatoes in a large, heavy saucepan. Cover with water by one inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Uncover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Let the potatoes simmer 20-30 minutes until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain the potatoes in a colander.
- Return the potatoes to pot. Add the salt, pepper, butter and cream cheese. Mash with a potato masher. Add the cream - you want to add a bit more cream than you normally would if you were eating the mashed potatoes right away. It will get absorbed in the reheating.
- Taste the mashed potatoes, and adjust the seasonings.
- Let the potatoes cool, spread in the prepared baking dish, and refrigerate. When ready to serve the mashed potatoes, preheat the oven to 325 degrees, bake the mashed potatoes 30-40 minutes until hot all the way through, or reheat in a slow cooker on low for 1-3 hours.
Don't Miss: Sweet Potato Recipes