Mashed Sweet Potatoes and CarrotsHoney, butter and brown sugar are mixed with mashed carrots and sweet potatoes in this healthy and delectable mashed sweet potato recipe.
Don't Miss: Sweet Potato Casserole Toppings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 8 oz. carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Place carrots and sweet potatoes in a saucepan. Cover completely with water, and bring to a boil. Let simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, until carrots and sweet potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain, and return vegetables to the pot. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter and the remaining ingredients. Mash well.
- Serve warm, topped with remaining tablespoon of butter.
Don't Miss: Sweet Potato Recipes