This polenta recipe is quick, easy and tasty. You don't even have to cook the spinach before incorporating it into this polenta recipe. Try this polenta recipe with kale, too. Just be sure to chop the kale very finely before adding it to the polenta (otherwise it will be too tough).
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6 Servings of Polenta with Spina
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups whole milk or cream
- 1 cup polenta
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 firmly-packed cups of baby spinach, chopped finely
- 3 oz. goat cheese
- Bring water and milk to a gentle boil over medium heat. Add polenta and reduce heat to medium-low. Add butter, salt and pepper. Cook polenta, stirring frequently, until creamy, 20-30 minutes. Add more water if polenta gets too thick.
- Stir in spinach and goat cheese. Taste, and adjust seasonings.