Potato Salad Recipe
This is my classic, "go to" potato salad recipe
(click for larger image) for picnics, parties and potlucks. It's always a crowd-pleaser, and it's super simple to prepare.
Serve this potato salad with fried chicken, BBQ chicken or burgers.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 lbs. potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Peel potatoes and cut into 3/4-inch chunks.
- Place in a 3-quart saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Let potatoes boil, uncovered, 12-15 minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork, but still a bit firm. Drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare hard boiled eggs. Put eggs in a medium saucepan, and cover with water by 1 inch. Partially cover the pot with a lid.
- Bring eggs to a full, rolling boil for 30 seconds (time it). Remove from heat, and cover completely. Let eggs stand 15 minutes. Peel under cold running water.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Chop eggs, and add to the potatoes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.