Strawberry Pretzel SaladThis pretzel salad recipe makes an appearance at many holidays, from Easter to Thanksgiving. But instead of the traditional strawberry pretzel salad recipe, which has a strawberry Jello layer and a cream cheese layer, this pretzel salad combines the two.
Serve this Jello pretzel salad for dessert or as a sweet side dish.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 3 oz. packages strawberry Jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 8 oz. frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed
- 10 oz. frozen strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix crushed pretzels, melted butter and one tablespoon of the sugar together. Press into prepared baking dish. Bake 8-10 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Dissolve Jello in boiling water. Stir well. Refrigerate 1 hour until slightly thickened.
- Beat remaining sugar and cream cheese together until fluffy.
- Add to thickened Jello mixture and beat well. Beat in frozen whipped topping. Stir in strawberries.
- Pour over pretzel crust. Refrigerate several hours until set.