Radish Mashed Potatoes RecipeRadishes and mashed potatoes aren't a typical combination. I came up with this recipe when we ended up with an abundance of radishes from our CSA share last year.
The radishes add a peppery taste to the potatoes. Garlic and butter bring out both flavors in this mashed potatoes recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 lbs. Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3-4 radishes
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Peel potatoes, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Place in a large saucepan.
- Trim radishes, and chop into quarters. Add to potatoes in saucepan.
- Cover with water completely. Bring to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes until vegetables are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain, and return to saucepan. Add remaining ingredients. Mash with a potato masher.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings.
Makes 6 servings.
Potato RecipesBroccoli Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Broccoli Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
Cheesy Potatoes Recipe
Easy Scalloped Potatoes
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Mashed Cauliflower Twice Baked Potatoes
Mustard Potato Salad Recipe
Potato Croquettes with Vegetables
Potato Salad Recipe
Potato Soup Recipe
Radish Mashed Potatoes
Red Potato Salad Recipe
Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe