Twice Baked PotatoesThese twice baked potatoes are stuffed with a creamy filling of sour cream and cheese and topped with bacon. They're appealing to kids and satisfying to the whole family.
They're also quite healthy. Although this recipe seems rich, these twice baked potatoes are loaded with good nutrients, including 7 grams of fiber, 14 grams of protein, and a whopping 64% of the recommended daily allowance for vitamin C. Just make sure you eat the skins - that's where the nutrients are.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 large Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes
- 2 slices center-cut bacon or turkey bacon
- 2 Tbsp. non-fat or regular sour cream
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Wash and prick potatoes with a fork several times. Place on a paper towel and heat in the microwave on full power 8 to 10 minutes or until soft. Remove from the microwave, and allow to cool several minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Heat a small skillet over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook until crisp, turning once. Transfer bacon to paper towels and blot to absorb excess fat. Set aside.
- When potatoes are cool enough to touch, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the potato flesh and place in a bowl, leaving about 1/8 of an inch of potato flesh all the way around the potato skin.
- Add the sour cream, salt and pepper to the potato flesh. Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Mound several spoonfuls of the potato mixture back into each potato shell. Top with shredded cheese.
- Place the stuffed potatoes on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Potato RecipesBroccoli Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Cheesy Potatoes Recipe
Easy Scalloped Potatoes
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Mustard Potato Salad Recipe
Potato Croquettes with Vegetables
Potato Salad Recipe
Potato Soup Recipe
Radish Mashed Potatoes
Red Potato Salad Recipe
Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Scalloped Potatoes Recipe