Twice Baked Potatoes RecipeTwice Baked Potatoes make a hearty, healthy side dinner side dish or a light lunch for kids. To crank up the nutritional factor even more, I've added mashed cauliflower to this twice baked potato recipe.
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 4 large Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup milk
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash and trim cauliflower into florets. Steam cauliflower in microwave or in a steamer until tender. Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl.
- Wash potatoes and prick several times with a fork. Place in the microwave, and heat on high 7-9 minutes, until soft.
- Slit potatoes in half lengthwise. Allow to cool.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh, leaving 1/8-inch of potato border.
- Add potato flesh to the cauliflower. Add butter, minced garlic, milk, salt, pepper, half of the cheese and the bacon, if using.
- Mash until smooth. Mound the mashed cauliflower and potato mixture bake into the potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Transfer potatoes to a baking sheet. Bake 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Makes 8 servings.
Per serving: 224 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 37 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 9 g protein, 5% vitamin A, 88% vitamin C, 15 % calcium, 11% iron