Zucchini PancakesZucchini pancakes are a great way to enjoy zucchini when you're faced with an excess in the summer. This version has parmesan cheese, which adds a salty bright note to these pancakes. A little lemon zest would also make a nice addition to this recipe.
The key to this recipe is making sure you squeeze as much water as you can out of the zucchini before mixing with the other ingredients. If you don't, your pancakes will be too runny. Serve these zucchini pancakes with a dollop of sour cream.
Don't Miss: 19 Must-Try Zucchini Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8-10 pancakes
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (approximately 2 medium zucchini)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (white and light green parts)
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Wrap shredded zucchini in a clean kitchen towel. Squeeze to wring out as much moisture as you can.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine zucchini and remaining ingredients, except olive oil.
- Heat olive oil (enough to coat the bottom of the pan) in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When pan is hot, add about 1/4 cup of the zucchini mixture to the pan, flattening with the back of a fork.
- Repeat to make three more pancakes in the pan, making sure the pan is not too overcrowded (there should be space between the pancakes).
- Fry until golden brown on the edges. Flip and fry on the other side until golden brown.
- Remove pancakes to a paper-towel-lined plate to absorb the excess oil.
- Continue frying pancakes until all of the batters is used up.
Makes 8-10 zucchini pancakes.
Don't Miss: Zucchini Bread Recipe