This zucchini salad recipe looks fancy, but it's really super simple to prepare. The lemon juice and olive oil dressing makes this zucchini salad taste fresh. This zucchini salad goes well with everything from lasagna to baked cod.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 lb. small zucchini, washed and ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- zest of one lemon
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- With a vegetable peeler, shave zucchini into long ribbons. Place in a serving bowl.
- Toss with chopped onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning. Pour over zucchini and onions. Let mixture marinate, refrigerated 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator. Sprinkle with grated cheese, if desired.