Best Healthy Snack Ideas for Kids:
Healthy Snacks to Buy:
Healthy snacks for kids don't have to be homemade. Try these store-bought healthy snacks:
- Seaweed Snacks (compare prices - This Koren snack will satisfy a salt craving. It's crunchy and high minerals, fiber, protein and vitamins.
- Sahale Snacks Gourmet Nuts (compare prices) - With sweet and savory flavors like barbeque almonds and pomegranate cashews, Sahale nuts have something for everyone. And they're full of healthy monounsaturated fats.
- Sweet Potato Chips (compare prices) - Look for brands like Food Should Taste Good's sweet potato tortilla chips, which are high in fiber, protein and Vitamin A.
- GH Cretors Popcorn (compare prices) - This all-natural natural popcorn is rich in fiber and is gluten- and GMO-free. The kids will love the flavors - cheese, kettle corn, caramel nut and a special Chicago mix of caramel and cheddar popcorn.
Easy Healthy Snack Recipes:
These healthy snack recipes are a cinch to make:
- Apple Slices with Peanut Butter - Top apples with a smear of peanut butter, then sprinkle with granola in this kid-pleasing snack.
- Hummus Recipe - Hummus is a great healthy snack idea, because you can make a big batch on Sunday and snack on it all week. Serve with pita chips, crackers or carrot and celery sticks.
- Healthy Popcorn Recipe - This homemade popcorn recipe gets a nutrition and flavor boost from a surprising ingredient: nutritional yeast. It adds protein and B vitamins and a pleasant cheesy taste to popcorn.
- Roasted Chickpeas - When you take chickpeas, toss them with olive oil and salt and bake them, they turn into a savory, crunchy treat the kids will gobble up in no time. And the best part is this healthy snack recipe takes less than 5 minutes of active prep time.
- Healthy Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats Recipe - Brown crispy rice cereal, brown rice syrup and peanut butter combine to make these rice crispy treats a healthy treat, but the kids will only know how good these treats taste.
- Deviled Eggs Recipe - What was once considered a high-cholesterol, unhealthy treat is now recognized as a healthy, high-protein snack that's perfect for enjoying any time of day. Look for omega-3 enriched eggs for an even bigger health boost.
- Strawberry Smoothies - Fruit, fruit juice and yogurt make these simple strawberry smoothies a healthy, sweet treat the kids will adore.
- Frozen Grapes - Freezing the grapes changes the texture and flavor of this fruit so much, it's a whole new flavor experience. Remember - don't give grapes to children under age 3.
- Yogurt Parfait Recipe - Greek yogurt combines with fruit and honey in this sweet and satisfying healthy snack recipe.