To make this recipe easier, look for wings that are already disjointed (the drum part is separated from the flat), with the wing tips discarded. Otherwise, you will have to cut them yourself at the joints. Throw away the tips, and you can use both the drum and flat part for this recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Yield: 6-10 servings
- 3 lbs. chicken wings, disjointed, tips discarded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Season chicken wings with salt and pepper, and place in the bottom of an 11 x 15 pan.
- Place soy sauce in a small saucepan, and whisk in cornstarch until dissolved. Whisk in the remaining ingredients. Heat on medium-low until the sauce is thickenened.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken wings, turning to coat them fully, and cover the pan with aluminum foil. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil, and continue baking the chicken wings until the sauce is thick and the wings are caramelized, about 15 minutes.
Don't Miss: Super Bowl Desserts