If you like caramel corn, this chocolate popcorn recipe
will appeal to you. It combines sweet and salty flavors together in one chocolatey snack the kids will go nuts over. I like to make a big batch of this chocolate covered popcorn recipe when the kids have friends for sleepovers. It also makes a great Oscar party recipe
, Valentine's Day party recipe
or snack when the kids have friends sleeping over.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- kosher salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in the sugar and cocoa powder. When mixture boils and sugar dissolves, remove from heat. Stir in the baking soda.
- Place the popcorn in a large mixing bowl. Pour the chocolate mixture over the popcorn. Season with salt. Toss to coat the popcorn well. Taste, and add more salt if needed.
- Spread popcorn out in a jelly roll pan (compare prices) in an even layer. Bake in preheated oven for 30-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
This chocolate popcorn tastes even better the next day - if it lasts that long! Store the popcorn in an airtight container.