This cinnamon popcorn recipe is covered with melted white chocolate. Sweet and warmly-spiced, this popcorn tastes great all by itself, but drizzling the white chocolate over the top, makes this popcorn taste like cinnamon rolls.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3-4 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Spray a jelly roll pan (compare prices) with cooking spray. Alternatively, you could use a baking sheet with sides.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in the sugar and cinnamon, cooking and stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the popcorn in a large mixing bowl, and pour the sugar mixture over the popcorn, tossing to coat it well. Sprinkle on the salt. Spread the popcorn out in an even layer on the prepared jelly roll pan.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe container. Heat on 50% power for one minute. Stir, and repeat, until the white chocolate is melted. Drizzle the white chocolate over the cinnamon popcorn.
- Bake 15 minutes. Stir, and bake another 30 minutes until the popcorn is toasty.