Horseradish mustard gives this easy deviled eggs recipe its kick. Don't like spicy food? Don't worry. These deviled eggs aren't really hot - just zippy. Since this recipe only has four ingredients, it's important to choose a good-quality horseradish mustard to give these deviled eggs enough pizzazz. I like Annie's Organic horseradish mustard (compare prices), but there are many good brands available.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. horseradish mustard
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- paprika for garnish
- Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover the eggs with water by a depth of one inch. Bring to a boil, uncovered, over high heat. Let the eggs to boil for exactly 30 seconds (I recommend timing it), then immediately cover, and remove from heat (if using an electric stove, move the pot off the burner.
- Let the eggs stand exactly 10 minutes. Run under cold water and peel.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop the yolks into a small bowl. Add the mayonnaise, horseradish mustard and sugar. Mix well.
- Use a cookie scoop (compare prices) or a spoon to pipe the mixture into the egg whites. Garnish the deviled eggs with paprika.