Don't Miss: Popcorn Recipes
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 7 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1-2 Tbsp. canola oil or olive oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt or kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Place oil in a large, heavy stainless steel pot. Turn the heat to medium.
- Add 2-3 kernels, cover and when they pop, add the remaining popcorn and the sugar, and cover again.
- If using a stovetop popcorn popper, such as the Whirley Pop, skip the second step. Just add the oil, popcorn and sugar to the popper.
- Once you start to hear the popcorn popping, begin shaking it gently back and forth. It helps if you use a pot with two handles on the sides. As the popping slows, turn off the heat and carefully remove the lid, tilting it away from your face to allow the steam to escape.
- Pour the popcorn in a large bowl. Add the salt and toss to coat well. If desired, drizzle the melted butter over the kettle corn, and toss well.
Don't Miss: Bacon Popcorn Video Recipe