Party Mix Recipe
This party mix recipe
is a sweet-salty combination of Chex cereal, pretzels and Goldfish crackers. What makes this recipe for party mix unique is the addition of both brown sugar and chili powder. It gives the party mix a sweet-salty flavor that is practically a guaranteed hit. Don't be surprised if your guests ask you for the recipe for this unique party mix.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 12-14 servings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 3 cups corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups rice Chex cereal
- 1-1/2 cups pretzels
- 1-1/2 cups cheese Goldfish crackers
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Spray a jelly roll pan (compare prices) or shallow roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the brown sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the soy sauce and chili powder. Remove from heat.
- Place the Chex cereal, pretzels and Goldfish crackers in a large mixing bowl. Stir well. Pour the brown sugar mixture over the Chex mix, and stir to coat.
- Pour the party mix into a large shallow roasting pan. Bake the party mix 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
You can serve the party mix right away or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.