Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6-10 servings
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and cut in half
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 4 roma or plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Place jalapeno pepper, onion, garlic and cilantro in the work bowl of a food processor, fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until the mixture is chopped, but still a bit chunky.
- Add 1 tomato. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Transfer salsa to a bowl. Stir in remaining tomatoes, sugar, lime zest and juice, salt and pepper. Taste salsa, and adjust seasonings
Don't Miss: Quick and Easy Recipes That Start with Salsa