"What if it was covered with chocolate?" I challenged.
"Then, I'd eat it," he said.
So, of course, I had to come up with a recipe.
Surprisingly, it's not a bad combination. And hey, if it doesn't get the kids to eat vegetables, at least it'll give them something to talk about with their friends.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt, such as Maldon sea salt (optional)
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Wash and dry broccoli. Trim spears to a length of about 2 inches. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat 1 minute on 50% power. Stir and continue heating in 30-second increments at 50% power, until chips are completely melted.
- Working quickly, dip each broccoli spear into chocolate mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt. Let cool 20 to 30 minutes. Refrigerate if desired.