This is a classic Maryland crab dip recipe, with lots of Old Bay seasoning and lots of flavor. Use the best-quality crab meat you can find for this recipe - your guests will appreciate the effort. Serve with crackers, pita chips or garlic toasts.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 16 servings of Maryland crab dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning, plus extra for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 lb. fresh lump crab meat
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch pie plate or 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, Old Bay, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Mix until smooth. Stir in crab meat and 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- Transfer crab dip to baking dish. Smooth over the top with a spatula. Top with remaining cheddar cheese. Sprinkle Old Bay seasoning over cheese to garnish. Bake 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Serve Maryland crab dip with pita chips or toast baguettes.