This is a classic Maryland crab dip recipe, with lots of Old Bay seasoning and lots of flavor. Use the best-quality crab meat you can find for this recipe - your guests will appreciate the effort. Serve with crackers, pita chips or garlic toasts.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 16 servings of Maryland crab dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning, plus extra for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 lb. fresh lump crab meat
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch pie plate or 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, Old Bay, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Mix until smooth. Stir in crab meat and 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- Transfer crab dip to baking dish. Smooth over the top with a spatula. Top with remaining cheddar cheese. Sprinkle Old Bay seasoning over cheese to garnish. Bake 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.