I like to serve this guacamole with tortilla dips or as a garnish for enchiladas, tortillas or fajitas.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (reserve a sprig or two for garnish)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onions
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Pit the avocados.* Place flesh in a medium bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until it reaches the desired consistency. You can make it as chunky or as smooth as you like.
- Garnish with cilantro.
*To pit the avocados, simply cut in half lengthwise until you reach the pit. Keep the knife still and turn the avocado with your free hand. When you've sliced all around the pit, put the knife down and twist the avocado halves in opposite directions.
You will now be able to open the avocado. Take out the pit with a spoon. Discard. Then scoop out the avocado flesh with a spoon.