Don't Miss: Best Dip Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 26 servings
- 5 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 10.5 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed completely and squeezed dry
- 12 oz. cream cheese, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3-6 dashes hot sauce, to taste
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to broil. Spray a 9-inch square baking dish or pie plate with cooking spray.
- Fry bacon in a dutch oven (compare prices> until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Drain all but 1 Tbsp. of bacon fat from the pot. Add onions and minced garlic to the bacon drippings, cooking and stirring frequently over medium heat until onions are soft and golden, 4-5 minutes.
- Add wine or chicken broth, scraping up the browned bits on the bottom of the dutch oven. Cook 2 minutes or until the liquid evaporates some.
- Stir in thawed spinach (make sure you squeeze out all of the water), cream cheese chunks, sour cream, salt and hot sauce. Cook until cream cheese melts. Stir in all but 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- Remove from heat. Stir in bacon. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of spinach dip. Broil 5 minutes or until cheese melts and hot spinach dip is bubbly.
Note: You can make this shot spinach dip a day in advance. Just make it through step 6. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on top, but don't broil. When ready to serve, warm spinach dip in a 350-degree oven for 12-18 minutes until bubbly.
Don't Miss: 13 Spinach Recipes Your Kids Will Love