Mexican Phyllo Cups
These savory Mexican phyllo cups make a great appetizer or creative school lunch
for kids. You can even make these Mexican appetizers in advance. Just freeze these savory phyllo cups in an airtight container, then reheat at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or so before serving.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 17 minutes
- 15 mini phyllo cups (such as Athens Mini Fillo Shells)
- 1/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/3 cup vegetarian refried beans
- 1 Tbsp. salsa
- 1 tsp. chopped green chiles
- 1/4 tsp. mild chili powder
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (or shredded cheddar cheese), divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange mini phyllo cups in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Stir together whipped cream cheese, refried beans, salsa, green chiles, chili powder and 1/3 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Spoon into prepared mini phyllo cups. Top with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- If serving these Mexican phyllo cups as an appetizer, serve immediately. If packing in school lunches, let cool completely before packing in a bento box or insulated lunch bag.