Mexican DipThis Mexican dip is a sure-fire crowd-pleaser. And when kids see adults going nuts for something, they'll want to try it, too.
This Mexican 7 layer dip is also really healthy. Although the avocados and black olives have fat, it is the good kind of mono-unsaturated fat. And the cheese and beans are packed with protein and calcium. Even the salsa is loaded with lycopene.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 16 oz. can vegetarian refried beans
- 1-1/2 cups prepared salsa
- 1 cup prepared guacamole
- 8 oz. low-fat or fat-free sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. mild chili powder
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced black olives for garnish
- Spread lettuce in an even layer in a deep-dish pie plate, gratin dish or serving bowl.
- Spread refried beans over lettuce. (Hint: To make the beans easier to spread, transfer them to a microwave-safe container, and heat on high for 20 seconds.)
- Top with salsa, then guacamole.
- Stir together sour cream and chili powder. Spread over the guacamole layer.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the sour cream layer. Dot with sliced black olives.
Serve with tortilla chips.