Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- kosher salt or sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss chickpeas with olive oil and kosher salt.
- Spread out in an even layer on a heavy baking sheet. Roast 30 minutes.
- Turn heat down to 375 degrees F. Stir they chickpeas. Roast another 5-15 minutes, until they are golden brown, but not burned.
- Taste, and adjust seasoning.
Note: For best results, watch the chickpeas carefully. There is a perfect point when the chickpeas become crunchy and golden, almost like nuts. Roast them too long, and they get too hard. Too short, and they taste too soft.
Makes 3-4 servings.
Per serving (based on 3): 206 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 32 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein, 1% vitamin A, 9% vitamin C, 5% calcium, 11% iron
Roasted chickpeas taste best when eaten immediately.
Don't Miss: Sweet and Spicy Roasted Chickpeas