Seven Layer Dip RecipeThis seven layer dip is a popular appetizer for parties, potlucks, holidays and game day celebrations.
You can make your own guacamole for this recipe, or buy it. You can now find refrigerated, vacuum-sealed guacamole that is quite good at most supermarkets. Look for it in the produce section.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups low-fat sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- juice of one lime
- 1 14 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups store-bought or homemade guacamole
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Place lettuce in the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, chili powder and lime juice. Spread over the lettuce, leaving a 1/2-inch border all the way around.
- Sprinkle black beans over the sour cream layer.
- Top with guacamole, leaving a 1/4-inch border so you can see the sour cream layer underneath.
- Top with the tomatoes, then sprinkle with cheddar cheese, and top with the olives.
Serve immediately with tortilla chips.