This recipe is easy, because it starts with frozen spinach souffle. Add bread crumbs, garlic and cheese, and you've got an elegant-looking appetizer that everyone will enjoy.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6-8 appetizer servings
- 8-10 oz. large button mushrooms, stemmed
- 12 oz. frozen spinach souffle (such as Stouffer's), thawed
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wipe mushrooms clean with a paper towel.1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- In a bowl, stir together thawed spinach souffe, garlic, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and all but 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese.
- Place mushroom caps, cavity side up, in a baking dish. Fill with spinach mixture. Top with reserved Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden and bubbly.