There are lots of different ways to dress up bagged salads, as both side dishes and main dish meals. Here are 12 of my favorites:
Don't Miss: 10 Crisp Summer Salads
- Peach Salad Recipe - When fresh peaches are in season, there is no better way to enjoy them than in this amazing salad. It hits on all taste bud cylinders, the sweet and juicy peaches combine with the crunchy pecans, the tart goat cheese and the crisp greens. A little chopped red onion is added in for color and balance. You will love this salad, and so will the kids.
- Mexican Chicken Salad Recipe - Cooked shredded chicken (use leftover chicken if you have it; otherwise use rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken strips), black beans, corn, tomatoes and tortilla chips give this salad terrific Mexican flavor. The peanut-lime dressing tastes like it came from a gourmet store.
- Green Salad with Apples and Nuts - Tart Granny Smith apples provide a perfect contrast to crunchy hazelnuts and creamy Gruyere or Swiss cheese in this crowd-pleasing side salad. This salad makes a perfect dish for parties, holidays and potlucks.
- Kids Salad Recipe - Salads don't get much more kid-friendly than this one. Goldfish crackers add crunch and kid appeal to this simple and easy salad that makes a great quick side dish for any meal.
- Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe - Mandarin oranges and crunchy chow mein noodles liven up this Chinese chicken salad. And kids will love the peanut-honey dressing.
- Spinach Salad Recipe - Lots of bacon and hard-boiled eggs make this spinach salad appealing to kids. The dressing is a sweet and tangy mustard vinaigrette.
- Caesar Salad Recipe - This caesar salad couldn't be easier to make, because it not only starts with bagged lettuce, it also uses a bottled salad dressing. Add some shredded rotisserie chicken, and you've got a light meal the kids will love.
- Taco Salad Recipe - If the kids like tacos, they will love this easy taco salad recipe. It is a perfect last-minute dinner for busy weeknights, because it takes less than 20 minutes to prepare.
For more creative ways with bagged salad, see also: Ideas for Bagged Lettuce