This recipe is also endlessly open to variation. Try adding shredded apples or zucchini (squeeze dry with a paper towel), salted cashews, thinly-sliced radishes or even raisins.
I like to use a cole slaw mix that has purple cabbage and carrots as well as green cabbage for this recipe. The different color and layers of flavor make this cole slaw a perfect addition to any summer meal.
Don't Miss: BBQ Side Dishes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 16 oz. package shredded cole slaw mix, including green cabbage, purple cabbage and carrots
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. firmly-packed light brown sugar
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Dump the cole slaw mix into a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients until well combined. Taste, and adjust seasonings. Pour over the cole slaw mix, and toss well. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Don't Miss: Picnic Food Ideas and Tips