Serve this salad at your next potluck, picnic or holiday gathering. It goes well with everything from fried chicken to turkey burgers. It's also a great way to introduce picky eaters (that includes adults as well as kids) to broccoli.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12-16 servings
- 3/4 lb. bacon (preferably nitrate-free)
- 6-8 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- 4 spring onions, diced (white and light green parts only)
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Cut broccoli florets into very small, bite-sized pieces. Place in a large salad bowl.
- Slice grapes in half. Add to broccoli florets.
- Add diced onions and peanuts.
- Crumble bacon and add to the salad, leaving a handful of bacon pieces out for garnish.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over salad. Toss well.
- Garnish with reserved bacon pieces. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
More Broccoli Salad Recipes
- Broccoli Salad - This one is a classic broccoli salad with a sweet mayonnaise dressing.
- Broccoli Raisin Salad Recipe - This version has raisins, sunflower seeds and nuts in a creamy orange juice-infused dressing.
- Broccoli Slaw with Cashews - This broccoli slaw starts with packaged broccoli slaw mix (found in the produce section of most supermarkets), so it's a cinch to pull together in no time.
- Everything Broccoli Salad Recipe - This sweet and crunchy broccoli salad has dried cranberries, nuts and just a hint of spice from the pepper in the dressing.