Don't Miss: Vegetable Soup Recipes for Kids
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 quarts vegetable broth
- 1 large head, broccoli, stems removed, chopped into bite-sized florets
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup cream or half and half
- Heat oil in a large soup pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic, and saute, stirring occasionally, 3-5 minutes.
- Add broth, broccoli and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Let broccoli simmer until tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree soup. Or transfer soup to a regular blender, and puree in batches.
- Return pureed soup to pot. Taste and adjust seasoning. Remove from heat. Stir in cream.