This broccoli raisin salad is a great side dish for potlucks, parties, picnics, holidays and your average Tuesday night. Even people who say they don't like broccoli will enjoy this recipe, because it combines textures and flavors that are naturally appealing to everyone: crisp broccoli, sweet raisins, salty bacon, crunchy sunflower seeds and a sweet and creamy orange yogurt dressing that is truly special. To adapt this recipe for vegetarians, simply leave out the bacon or use a vegetarian bacon.
Don't Miss: Broccoli Salad Recipes You Must Try
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12-14 servings
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds or walnuts
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (low-fat, non-fat or whole milk)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- Fry bacon in a skillet. Drain on paper towels.
- Cut broccoli florets into very small, bite-sized pieces. Toss broccoli, bacon, raisins, almonds, onion and sunflower seeds together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients for the dressing. Pour over the broccoli salad, and toss well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: This recipe can be made several hours in advance. Or if you'd like to make this salad up to a day in advance, just prepare all of the salad ingredients, toss together. Then prepare the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl. Cover, and refrigerate both separately. When it's time to serve, toss the broccoli raisin salad with the dressing.