This broccoli salad recipe artfully combines the flavors of sweet, salty and crunchy. Unlike some broccoli salads, which use raw broccoli, for this one, the broccoli is blanched briefly before tossing it into the salad. The result is a more tender, slightly less crunchy salad.
Don't Miss: Broccoli Salad Recipes the Kids Will Love
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 10-12 servings
- 5 strips bacon
- 5 cups broccoli florets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (toasted, if desired)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain.
- Fill a 3-quart saucepan three-quarters of the way full. Bring to a boil. While water is heating, fill a large bowl with ice and cold water.
- Add broccoli to boiling water and cook for 1 minute. Immediately drain and plunge into ice water.
- Drain and transfer to a salad bowl. Add almonds, raisins, cheese, and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss well.
- Mix in half of the bacon. Crumble the remaining bacon over the top of the salad just before serving.
Don't Miss: Broccoli Recipes for Kids