Don't Miss: Vegetable Soup Recipes for Kids
- 2 10 oz. packages peeled, diced butternut squash (or 1 large butternut squash, peeled and diced)
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- apple chips for garnish (optional)
- Cut butternut squash into 1-inch pieces (the pre-peeled and diced butternut squash usually comes in larger, uneven chunks).
- Heat butter in a heavy saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat. Add apples, onion and butternut squash.
- Saute 10 minutes or until softened slightly.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, salt, sage and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer until sqush and apples are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree soup until smooth. Or, if you don't have an immersion blender, let soup cool and puree in batches in a blender.
- Serve warm, garnished with apple chips.