The secret is using pre-cooked chicken. The more flavorful the chicken, the better the soup will be. Try this chicken soup with a store-bought rotisserie chicken or leftover lemon chicken.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 quarts low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. sage
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1-1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 6 oz. thin dried spaghetti broken into thirds
- Heat oil in a large soup pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add diced onion, celery and carrots. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, pepper, salt, parsley, sage and thyme.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low. Let soup simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and broken spaghetti pieces. Cook 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
Don't Miss: Best Chicken Soup Recipes