Don't Miss: Passover Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2 Tbsp. chicken stock
- 1/2 cup matzo meal
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Beat eggs, oil and chicken stock together. Stir in matzo meal and pepper. Refrigerate mixture 20 minutes.
- Heat the broth in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the celery, carrots, onions, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, so that soup is simmering. Taste, and adjust seasonings.
- Using wet hands or two tablespoons, form matzo mixture into 1-inch balls. (The two spoons method keeps you from overworking the matzo balls, resulting in lighter, fluffier matzo balls. But it may be easier to use your hands.) Drop the matzo balls into the simmering chicken broth. Cover, and cook 20 minutes. Taste, adjust seasonings, and serve.
Don't Miss: Best Chicken Soup Recipes