Be sure to chop the lettuce into small, bite-sized pieces. That makes this chicken salad more appealing to kids.
Cornbread makes an excellent side with this chicken salad recipe.
Don't Miss: Mexican Recipes the Kids Will Love
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 cups shredded, cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1-1/2 cups fresh, frozen or canned corn (if using canned, rinse and drain)
- 1 14. oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 2 16 oz. packages romaine lettuce
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips or prepared tortilla strips (such as Fresh Express)
- For the Peanutty Cilantro-Lime Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- juice of 3 limes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 6 dashes hot sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- For the salad, place first five ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Chop lettuce into bite-sized pieces. Add to the salad bowl. Toss well.
- Just before serving, top with tortilla chips and dressing.
- For the Dressing: Combine all ingredients in a blender. Puree. Taste, and adjust seasonings.