What makes this recipe a hit with kids is the way everything is cut into bite-sized pieces. Be sure to chop the spinach very finely, almost the size of coarsely-chopped parsley, and the salad will melt in your mouth.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 16 oz. package baby spinach
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 14 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn
- 1/4 cup finely-diced red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup tortilla strips (Fresh Gourmet makes thinly sliced tortilla strips or you can just break up tortilla chips)
- Chop baby spinach finely -- the size of coarsely chopped parsley. Place in a large salad bowl.
- Add diced red pepper, black beans, corn and onion.
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- If making in advance, store the salad and the dressing separately in tightly-covered containers. If serving right away, pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Top with tortilla strips.
Don't Miss: Easy Mexican Recipes Your Family Will Crave